The Cook is responsible for ensuring that proper meals are prepared and served on time to residents and guests and ensures that work areas are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition. The cook will also assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members.
- Prepares meals for residents and guests ensuring dietary needs are met;
- Ensures residents are satisfied with all aspects of food preparation and presentation;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Food Services Manager;
- Prepares and presents meals and food for special events in a manner that promotes a positive image and reputation to the public at large;
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner;
- Orders and receives food and supplies;
- Operates and cleans food production equipment and food preparation areas.
- Previous experience in a volume food preparation environment in the health care or hospitality industry;
- Preferred Red Seal or current equivalent qualifications as a Cook from a recognized cooking program;
- Food Safe Certificates I and II considered an asset;
First Aid Certification considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of special diets;
Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness;
- Customer service orientation.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset but not a necessity